About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.02.2011

Street Fighter

Street Fighter II toys filled my toy hunting about the time GIJOE was making room on the store shelves for Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles.

Here's as they were before I decided to trade them in, they really mostly sat covered in original plastic package bags to keep the dust off them when they were on the shelf for awhile and most of them sat in their own Rubbermaid container in a pile of Rubbermaid containers for a good number of years. Having them buried and unused was not very fun, so of they went...



The Devastator was pretty darn cool in coloring. I read in an old Steel Brigade Club newsletter that this was supposed to be all black, but it's pretty close...as far from the white Snow Cat of old as it goes. Of course, the "frosted canopy" was still there with the windshield wiper. There were only the spring fired rockets included so the old "ski-pedo" mounts went unused, until I finally found a use for that old "vehicle accessory pack."




This vehicle was very awesome, it kind of became a Cobra vehicle for a little while, but mostly just sat looking awesome.



I was so tempted to swap the Paralyzers weapons and put them on the green base of the Sonic Boom Tank.
I really liked the Paralyzer, and maybe should have kept that tank, too, but either way, this was a nice little vehicle. For '91, if it weren't for the orange-ish, I think the Paralyzer would be a TON more popular.










The Karate Chopper really killed the Dreadnok Cycle when the spring fired rockets were added to the turret. The red and white color with no other details painted really made the Cycle more bland. Not to mention the name, Karate Chopper. So if there was a least favorite of these Street Fighter II vehicles for me, this was it.






I like the Badger quite a bit, but the neon green convinced me to trade it off. The Crimson Cruiser didn't improve on the Badger at all, it was really left mostly the same even in the spring fired rocket launcher department. As I look at it now, I think I like the Badgers light green and blue more compared to the crimson and bright orange.
I think I used the Crimson Cruiser most often for Cobra, and even for my light use, I still managed to put a stress mark on the front hoods hinge.








If I could have found a TigerFly, I would have been able to say I had every U.S. release of the Dragonfly ever made. I thought about doing that, but ultimately, I chose to stick with just my one original Dragonfly. One gunship would be plenty good for my GIJOE team.
The Heli-Fighter here, was really nice, though. If not for that darn spring launcher, it would have been a straight re-do. It didn't include much in the way of missiles, much like the Devastator, so I dug up some extra Dragonfly and Locust v2 missiles to put on this chopper.



The Street Strikers I had were my VAMPs here. I bought 2 of these, kept one strictly SFII, but used another I picked up on clearance as a GIJOE VAMP, using extra GIJOE vehicle stickers that I had. The "GIJOE" stickered one is the most dusty, it got set up in displays mostly, and easily replaced the 2nd hand "real" VAMP I had as that thing was really beat up.